Final GDD

In This blog I will be talking about how I'm going to implement my project for the rest of the year and finalizing my GDD.
Game GDD
Zeno Clash
Link Here

In my GDD I've written up some more points but left some to be desired as I think graphics should come second to mechanics and game flow but should not be forgotten and community feedback would help steer this project into a better direction.

To begin with I've already begun on the game itself and am in the midst of placing the codes where I want them. These will set the foundation for what I will be building off of.
In the next following weeks I will be moving along with the project by implementing my character and fighting scripts, testing, fixing and changing o better suit the needs of the games flow and aesthetic. During this I will also be giving some basic textures to the terrain as I want to focus most of my time into the game itself and getting the mechanics nailed down first before giving it a lick of paint.
After some Alpha testing between friends and lecturer I'll be refining it to a more workable level to where people feel they'll enjoy the game. This will continue until the desired moment of release and ready for a wider community feedback.

Here I've also included a Live link to my Dundoc page where my GDD is and can be viewed to check up on my progress.

Comments

  1. Hi Shane! I think your idea is completely different to what other people are doing. Racing, open world, big fantasy plots, games for children... but you made a fighting game. Cool. Your DunDoc isn't as detailed as some of the other ones that I read, but it gives a decent sense of what you are planning to do... Do you have knowledge of C# to code everything? Or will you use tutorials to help you with the fights and what-not?
    Anyway, good luck with your prototype.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Shane!,
    I have to say that I really enjoyed reading through your final game design document (GDD). I found it to be really interesting and quite unique too. I found it fun to read and discover what kind of game your going to create. It's clear that you spent a lot of time on this game idea and overall concept and I find that to be quite impressive. What type of music are you going to play in the background? Will the music evoke a certain type of mood in the player? If so, what type of mood will that be? Whats going to be your game design? What look will you be going for? I'm sure whatever it is that you decide will be great! I can't wait to see you develop your ideas and concepts further. I can't wait to see your final game too! Good Luck !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Shane,
    Just reading your blog your final game looks great so far! Obviously I haven't played it yet or tested it out to know the mechanics or how easy and or difficult it is. But it is evident that you have put in a lot of work into your game. Your game is rather unique so you can tell that you've put thought and extra work into this. A fighting game is interesting and the layout looks like a classic. I'm curious too as what music you will be putting in the background and how many characters would be available to play as well.Looking forward to testing your game! I'm not too good with fighting games but yours looks easy enough to understand so don't take offence if I personally don't know how to use it lol. If we are continuing making games in the next semester I can't wait to see how you'll expand it! Goodluck!
    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction of a current blogger who's doing an introduction

Organization and Time Strategies