Introduction of a current blogger who's doing an introduction

For this blog post I'll be "Talking" to you about myself and give some general background info on what my future post will be about and like.

Firstly, My favorite class of the previous semester was Design Process and Practice as it was REALLY interesting and fun to take part in as it thought me how to create a plan and execute said plan in the creation of a project be it solo or in a group. It was run as a tight ship and made us pick up our pace and 'shit' to kick-start our creative processes to do projects on a schedule.
Solstice Festival Assignment
Created By Me
Year 1, Semester 2
Here is an image of my previous work and I'm proud of it. We were tasked to create a poster for the Solstice festival and we could choose any genre of music we wanted so I chose rock as this influences some of my work and it was different as a large amount of people chose hip-hop or rap.

Next, It think my biggest accomplishment of the last semester was my Image Manipulation project I did for my end of year assignment.
Image Manipulation Project Result
Model Aoife Panetta
Taken and Edited By Me
I'm really proud of this as this was really my first experience using photo shop, I've never used it before this module and being introduced to it for the first time was kind of a daunting task and an experience in of its own. For this project we had to convey a message through the medium of imagery. For mine, I chose to convey how someone closes up or becomes stone after experiencing trauma or a tragic event. I went about this by first acquiring pictures, primary source, and creating a layer of stone then putting it into a overlay, leaving the details of the clothes and her expression to convey my message.

My Goal for this project is to familiarize myself with the Unity Engine as well as create something using it and be happy with what I created, as that is the most important part of the learning experience no?

To do a quick round of my likes; My favorite recent movie was 'Ready Player One' as it was an interesting concept as well as a refreshing take on the book which I also very much enjoyed. My favorite video game is 'Ratchet and Clank Gladiators' which I've already talked about Here. I don't really watch TV anymore but I really enjoyed and American show called 'Grimm', Its based of of the books by the Brothers Grimm and is set in the gorgeous city of Portland, Oregon.

Comments

  1. I really like your design work, I can already see the effort that you put into your work, If you keep that up this will be a great semester for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great blog Shane! Your writing style is really clear and easy to read. I love your designs and concepts for your work also. You seem t have picked up on photoshop really well in first year which is great for this year and even the years to come. I also loved the tv show Grimm. It has a very interesting spin on the stories we “think” we know.

      Delete
  2. Shane, knowing you from primary school and up to now i'm so happy you found what you love and happy to do! you're photoshop piece of Aoife is absolutely breathtaking. Amazing work, and great blog. I look forward to reading more of you posts :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing blog Shane!,
    Your image manipulation Photoshop piece is absolutely spectacular!. It's truly amazing work that you did there. I really enjoyed reading your blog too. Your writing style is clear and simplistic which I enjoy to read. I too love the show 'Grimm', I find it very interesting and it conveys it's message in a intriguing way. Again, great blog! You clearly have a talent for Photoshop.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Shane! Really great Blog! You're design pieces from last year are very impressive. And the photoshop piece is outstanding! Well done! You should definitely keep doing photoshop as you have a talent for it! I haven't actually seen Ready Player One but I heard it was great, well Steven Spielberg directed it so I'm sure it was!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Shane. You're blog is really easy and good to read. Looking at you photoshop project from last year really shows the difference I knew mine was a good bit behind but yours show just how far behind it is. I really liked "Ready Player One" too, it was really entertaining and cinematic. Good blog.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi shane, hows it going, love the blog man, such a great rad, you definetly have passion for your work and hope second year goes well for you too. Those solstice posters look awesome and the photoshop work is phenominal, better than some of the stuff i send to the group chat. Good luck man

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Shane. I'm glad to hear that someone also liked the Design Process module. At first it seemed a bit daunting, but then it became really interesting and just full of information... And Mark is just great at teaching, so that helped the module a lot. Your posters look pretty cool, but I like more what you did with the photoshop manipulation, though at first, I thought you just zombiefied her.
    Anyway, good luck with this year, I hope you will find some modules that you really like, and good luck with your game.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Shane, never seen your posters before, damn, they're pretty good. The design is very similar to mine. I've never heard of the show Grimm but I'll give it a look. Only ever played one Ratchet and Clank game, can't even remember which one it was. That image you did in photoshop is amazing, I'm still bad at photoshop. Anyways a really good introduction, keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Final GDD

Organization and Time Strategies