Multi Media Workshop 1

At the beginning of this workshop we were told of a scenario we had to work out:

Intro with Traffic lights
Created by Shaun Ferns
Link Here
A 4-way junction with 4 sets of lights and people crossings, but there are no turning lights or buttons for the people crossings.
At first look this looked like a difficult question and we had to find out how the cars turn. I've never done a workshop like this before and I like how it was delivered, made us think of something we've seen loads of times before but never actually put some thought behind it.

I feel that, upon reflection of this, It felt kind of relaxing to change up the gears a little and have to think about something I wouldn't normally think about. I can also say that with confidence that this has thought me a lesson; No matter what solution I came up with there will always be another solution to the same problem. And I feel this will come in handy with this module, also I could apply this to my other modules as well.

My solution for this is one of may but it is my own. Dividing the junction into north, south, east and west; When west and east are going straight or turning, north and south turn red and vice versa for the converse. For the turning the cars must turn behind the car in front of them near the opposite traffic lights to give enough room for the other cars to move as well. For the pedestrians, when east and west are going straight, the pedestrians will have a chance to cross the road. This is also in affect for the north and south facing roads.

It may not be the best nor the most effective but I felt that it would be effective and a working model for traffic. After doing this workshop I don't really see how this is connected to multi media, maybe it might be how every problem has a solution or that it might hint at how the Unity Engine works, as I've never worked with it before, so I'm going to reserve my judgments until I can get my eager hands on the Unity Engine.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction of a current blogger who's doing an introduction

Final GDD

Organization and Time Strategies